The heart of NYCDS is its volunteers. You can enhance the Society's goals, as well as your own, by volunteering to serve on a Committee.
These committees are open to any member; contact us for more information.
Children's Dental Health
- Design and implement programs related to Children’s Dental Health in the areas served by the New York County Dental Society.
- Provide screenings and dental education to over 1,000 public school students at the Give Kids A Smile annual event.
- Obtain information of pending or proposed federal, state, and municipal legislation to protect the interests of public health and the dental profession, and report to the Board of Directors with recommendations.
- Propose other legislative measures.
- Increase the membership of this Society by recruiting new members and retaining current members.
- Promote mentoring program that pairs member dentists with dental students and residents.