The heart of NYCDS is its volunteers. You can enhance the Society's goals, as well as your own, by volunteering to serve on a Committee.
These committees are open to any member; contact us for more information.
Community Outreach Committee
- Design and implement all programs related to community outreach in the areas served by the New York County Dental Society, including Give Kids A Smile, Special Olympics, the Library Project, the Charity Golf Outing, and any other programs relevant to the community.
- Obtain information of pending or proposed federal, state, and municipal legislation to protect the interests of public health and the dental profession, and report to the Board of Directors with recommendations.
- Propose other legislative measures.
- Increase the membership of this Society by recruiting new members and retaining current members.
- Promote mentoring program that pairs member dentists with dental students and residents.