When you view this website we may store certain information about your visit to optimize our website for future use and continue to develop programs and services meeting our members’ needs. Small files, “cookies” are used for this purpose. These cookies do not detect any personal information but rather are used to review navigation patterns.
NYCDS does not disclose credit card account information or email addresses provided by its members and non-members. When members and non-members choose to register for continuing education courses using their credit card information is submitted to the appropriate clearinghouse via a secure site.
NYCDS owns the contents on this site. Any reproduction, copying or distribution of information including art, graphics, photographs font without permission is prohibited.
Notice & Takedown Policy
If you have a complaint about material on our website which you consider illegally held or published, please contact us with the following information:
1. your contact details
2. the full details of the material
3. the website address where you found the material
4. a statement that, under penalty of perjury, you are the rights owner or are authorized to act for the rights owner
The ‘Notice and Takedown’ procedure is then invoked as follows:
1. the New York County Dental Society will acknowledge receipt of your complaint by email or letter and will make an initial assessment of the validity and plausibility of the complaint.
2. if plausible, the material will immediately be removed from our website pending further investigation.
3. NYCDS will try to contact the source responsible for providing the material. The source will be notified that the material is subject to a complaint and will be encouraged to assuage the complaints concerned.
4. NYCDS aims to resolve any issue swiftly and amicably with the complainant and to the satisfaction of both parties, with the following possible outcomes:
• the material is replaced on the NYCDS website unchanged;
• the material is replaced on the NYCDS website with changes;
• the material is permanently removed from the NYCDS website; or
• if NYCDS and the complainant are unable to agree a solution, the material will remain unavailable through NYCDS until a time when a resolution has been reached.