Events & Continuing Education
Many New York County Dental Society meetings and events are open to non-members as well as members. Here is a list of upcoming Continuing Education programs. You can also find information on the Greater New York Dental Meeting – the largest dental meeting and convention in the United States.
Use the Event Calendar to keep track of NYCDS committee meetings, CE programs, social events and community outreach opportunities. Please check the calendar regularly to stay up to date on NYCDS activities.
Required CE courses
The Henry Spenadel Continuing Education Program offers courses for dentists to obtain relicensure. In New York State, 60 continuing education credits are required every three years.
• Infection control every four years;
• Opioids and Controlled Substances (for dentists who maintain a DEA number) every 3 years;
• CPR and basic life support every two years;
• State mandated ethics course, one time;
• State mandated oral cancer course, one time.
If registering two days prior to a course please call (212) 573-8500 to register by phone