Per the notice below, the United States Internal Revenue Service (IRS) is highlighting additional resources for small businesses and the self-employed as part of National Small Business Week.
Announcing National Small Business Week
The IRS joins the Small Business Administration in support of National Small Business Week, April 30 - May 6, 2023. During the week, the IRS will highlight its small business resources and share information to help small businesses thrive. There is still time to register for this year’s SBA event – which will include educational presentations by experts, an exhibit hall, networking, and a mentoring lounge where businesses can get their questions answered. The event is free to attend for both established and aspiring business owners. The IRS Small Business Week webpage will house information and resources shared during the week, including upcoming IRS News Releases on topics like Form 1099-K, Employee Retention Credit scams, and important IRS improvements affecting small businesses. Bookmark the page and watch for updates. In the meantime, check out these helpful IRS resources for small businesses.
The Small Business Tax Workshop helps new business owners understand and meet their federal tax obligations. Business owners can choose from eight lessons, which include:
- Federal taxes and your new business
- Schedule C and other small business taxes
- How to file and pay your taxes electronically
- Business use of your home
- Federal taxes when hiring employees or independent contractors
- How to manage payroll and withholding the correct amount of taxes
- Tax deposits and filing a return to report your payroll taxes
- Hiring U.S. residents who aren't U.S. citizens
IRS Tax Centers
All Tax Centers are available in English, Spanish, Vietnamese, Chinese (Traditional and Simplified), Korean, Russian, and Haitian-Creole. They include:
- Self-Employed Individuals Tax Center: A resource for sole proprietors and others who are in business for themselves. This site has many useful tips and references to tax rules a self-employed person may need to know.
- Small Business and Self-Employed Tax Center: An online resource featuring links to a variety of useful tools, a downloadable tax calendar, and common forms with instructions.
- Gig Economy Tax Center: This tax center helps people quickly find answers to tax questions, helpful tips, and tax forms.
Online tax news
The IRS uses social media and electronic newsletters to share the latest updates on tax changes, scam alerts, initiatives, products, and services. Get connected and stay connected through:
More helpful IRS resources