The National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research (NIDCR) is seeking public input on its proposed research concepts. You can read the NIDCR notice asking for public input on its proposed research concepts below.
The National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research (NIDCR) requests your input on six proposed concepts (research initiatives) presented at the September 2022 National Advisory Dental and Craniofacial Research Council meeting. The six initiatives are listed below. To read the full initiative descriptions and provide input, go to: NIDCR Requests Input on FY 2023 Proposed Research Initiatives.
- Collaborative Science to Achieve Disruptive Innovations in Dental, Oral, and Craniofacial (DOC) Research
- Maternal Health and Dental, Oral and Craniofacial Health and Development of Their Offspring
- Understanding Persistent Oral Human Papillomavirus and Human Immunodeficiency Virus Co-infection and Its Role with Oropharyngeal Cancer Induction
- Chronic Inflammation of the Oral Cavity An Agent for Oral Mucosal Disease
- Developing Salivary Components as Therapeutics for Oral Health
- Apply Data Science in Translational Dental, Oral, and Craniofacial Research
The Concept Clearance Process
NIDCR supports research in significant as well as understudied areas of science, identifying broad research topic areas or themes that are developed into concepts. These concepts represent the early planning stages of research initiatives. These proposed research initiatives communicate future research goals to the National Institutes of Health, the Department of Health and Human Services, Congress, and the public. NIDCR invites input about a concept’s merit, from research and clinical practice communities, industry, interested organizations, and the public at large. Please note that initiatives are not a complete picture of the Institute’s planned research portfolio for the year indicated, nor do they signal that themes highlighted during a previous year have been abandoned. Proposed FY 2023 initiatives will be integrated into this larger landscape as they are considered for funding opportunity announcements. We look forward to your commentary and thoughtfully consider your views.
Comments are due by November 7, 2022.