Two Important Updates
Summary of Recent Changes
- Guidance has been rearranged for clarity.
- Updated the definition of fever to either measured temperature ≥100.0°F or subjective fever to align with CDC’s Interim Infection Prevention and Control Recommendations for Patients with Suspected or Confirmed Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) in Healthcare Settings.
- In areas with moderate to substantial community transmission, during patient encounters with patients not suspected of SARS-CoV-2 infection, CDC recommends that dental healthcare personnel (DHCP):
- Wear eye protection in addition to their facemask to ensure the eyes, nose, and mouth are all protected from exposure to respiratory secretions during patient care encounters, including those where splashes and sprays are not anticipated.
- Use an N95 respirator or a respirator that offers an equivalent or higher level of protection during aerosol generating procedures.
- Added language that protective eyewear (e.g., safety glasses, trauma glasses) with gaps between glasses and the face likely do not protect eyes from all splashes and sprays.
- Included additional guidance on physical distancing and how to respond to SARS-CoV-2 exposures among DHCP and others.
See the complete guidance from the CDC here: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/dental-settings.html
Deadline for Enhanced Provider Relief Funding Extended to 8/28
The Department of Health and Human Services has extended the deadline for all dentists to apply for funding through the Enhanced Provider Relief Fund Payment Portal to August 28. In addition, beginning August 10 and continuing through August 28, dentists who previously received a small amount of Medicare funding and dentists who recently bought practices, will be eligible to apply for funding. Learn more and apply through the links below.
HHS Provider Relief FAQ’s Sheet from the ADA
Enhanced Provider Relief Application Portal