Welcome to the New York County Dental Society
Founded in 1860, the New York County Dental Society is one of the largest groups of dentists in the United States. With more than 2,000 members practicing in Manhattan, NYCDS members have made a special commitment to uphold its ethical code and practice standards, as well as those of New York State and the American Dental Association. It is an invaluable advocacy and education resource that protects its members and the public.
Important Coronavirus Updates for Dentists
NYC Loans/ Grants
New York State Employment Law
Governor Cuomo's Executive Order & Emergency Services
What constitutes a dental emergency?
Consent forms you can use for dental emergencies during the COVID-19 crisis:
Emergency Treatment Employee Consent Form
Emergency Treatment Patient Release Form
PPE -- Donate or Volunteer
Relicensing and Self-Study
- If you are due to relicense between March 1–June 1, 2020, the NYS Education Department will allow you to complete up to 100% of your continuing education as self-study, so long as it is taken from a Department-approved provider and is an acceptable subject area for dentistry.
Other useful resources:
Bookmark these sites for the latest information and resources:
Important COVID-19 Information and Links for Dental Practices
The New York State Department of Health issued guidance for dental practices during this time that dental practices are mandated...
The New York State Department of Health issued guidance for dental practices during this time that dental practices are mandated to only handle emergency/urgent care cases. Governor Cuomo’s mandate is in effect until April 19, 2020. HOWEVER, the governor can extend the mandate if deemed necessary. Below is the link to NYS Department of Health Guidance for Dental Settings.
The Guidance for Dental Health Settings in Response to COVID-19 recommends creating a COVID-19 Urgent Dental Care Protocol and Policy to help staff and patients understand how your practice is operating during this period.
Below is a framework from the Department of Health for creating a COVID-19 Urgent
Dental Care Protocol and Policy:
• Highlight the Governor’s Executive Order as a mandate to treat emergencies only during this time
• Note that clinical (i.e. ADA) guidelines will be followed to determine what to treat (clinical judgement included)
• Include how patients will be advised if their dental issues are not deemed an emergency and determine time to follow-up
• Describe other issues pertinent to each practice
Below are links that will be helpful in creating a COVID-19 Urgent Dental Care Protocol and Policy:
Be sure to visit the ADA and NYSDA COVID-19 webpages and the NYCDS website regularly for the latest news and information: