CE hours: 3
tuition: $99 NYCDS members
$110 ADA members
$125 Non-ADA members
This course covers all the material needed to satisfy the NYS mandated Pain Management, Palliative Care and Addiction Education requirements. It is designed for all prescribers of controlled substances. Through literature reviews, case studies and professional experience you will understand your role in combating the current opioid epidemic.
Topics and objectives:
- review state and federal requirements for prescribing controlled substances;
- establish a pain management plan for your office;
- utilize appropriate prescribing practices;
- manage acute pain;
- palliative medicine;
- prevention, screening and signs of addiction;
- responses to abuse and addiction; and
- end of life care.
- Optional Narcan Training program to follow.
Marc M. Gottlieb, DDS
Dr. Gottlieb is on staff at Stony Brook University Hospital. He has advanced training in anesthesiology and works with apprehensive patients. Dr. Gottlieb maintains a full time private practice in Levittown, New York.