This is an in-person class!
Residents & Staff: $195.00
CE hours: 4
FOR DENTISTS AND THE DENTAL TEAM
This course will help attain a safe working environment for all dental health care workers, patients and staff. You will be able to establish protocols within your office to prevent the spread of infectious disease. An overview of the goals and objectives of infection prevention will be established and demonstrate how to comply and maintain such a working environment. A focus on the classification of materials and instruments will allow the practitioner to make decisions on how each should be handled. Types of disinfectants and different methods of sterilization will be described.
Dr. Mychajliw is a NYS Department of Health licensed Infection Control Trainer.
- Professional responsibility to monitor infection control practices
- Use of barriers and personal protective equipment for preventing contact with infectious material (blood borne pathogens)
- Update on virus, aerosol mitigation strategies
- Principles and practices for cleaning, disinfection and sterilization
- Role of occupational health strategies in protecting health care workers and patients
- New sepsis management guidelines
- Infection control requirements for the dental profession required in NYS
Speaker Information: Peter Mychajliw, DDS
Dr. Peter Mychajliw received his D.D.S. degree from the New York University College of Dentistry with multiple clinical honors in 1987. He then completed a two-year hospital based General Practice (Chief) Residency (LIJ Med Ctr) and subsequently entered private practice Dr. Mychajliw has served as General Practice Residency Program Director, Implant Prosthodontics Section Head and Infection Control Officer at the LIJ Medical Center (Northwell Health) for 17 years.
***A NYS DEPT OF HEALTH COURSE COMPLETION CERTIFICATE WILL BE SENT TO ATTENDEES WHO COMPLETE THE COURSE IN ITS ENTIRETY.***
NYS law requires that all healthcare professionals, including dentists and hygienists, receive training in infection control and barrier precautions every four years with at least an annual update to their infection control office practices.
This course has been updated to include the newest guidelines and recommendations, including additional requirements signed into NYS law by Governor Cuomo regarding sepsis management requirements for dentists. This course may also be used to augment OSHA training in your office.
- You will receive your CE certificate of completion via email PDF attachment within 2 weeks after the lecture.
- Please check your spam mail if you don’t see your CE certificate within 2 weeks.