CE hours: 12
Friday, May 18 and Saturday, May 19, 2018
Friday 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM
Saturday 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM
tuition: ADA members: $495
all other dentists: $595
staff with dentist: $195
Register by April 19 for the Early Bird Discount.
FOR DENTISTS AND THEIR TEAM
This course provides 12 hours of continuing education as required by New York State for renewal every three years of the Enteral Sedation Certificate. This detailed course is for Enteral, Parenteral and General Anesthesia permit holders, and offers:
- introduction and review of the New York State and ADA sedation guidelines and permit requirements;
- required equipment and additional training;
- risk assessment;
- record keeping requirements;
- medications classification, metabolism and goals;
- management of complications and emergencies;
- recovery / rescue from deeper levels of moderate sedation to general anesthesia;
- reversal agents: Narcan training and Flumazenil administration;
- airway management; and
- post-treatment management.
To renew your Enteral Sedation certificate, you must have a valid Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certificate, and a Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certificate if you treat patients under 12 years of age, plus proof of 12 hours of education in sedation techniques, completed during your previous registration period.
Attendees will learn valuable information that you can use today; don’t wait until a crisis or your certificate is up for renewal. You will be provided with the most current methods for safe and efficient sedation for dental procedures, while completing 12 hours of education and review in sedation techniques.
Marc M. Gottlieb, DDS
Dr. Gottlieb is on staff at Stony Brook University Hospital. He has advanced training in anesthesiology and works with apprehensive patients. Dr. Gottlieb maintains a full time private practice in Levittown, New York.
If registering two days prior to a course please call (212) 573-8500 to register by phone.